VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
i will soon be doing a clutch on job and converting from a dmf to a smf on my jetta. i work for an autoparts store and i bought a discounted clutch for a vr6 but it was a valeo clutch . after doing more research i found out that valeo clutch is rated at less torque than sachs clutch. i found the sachs clutch at oreilly autoparts with a lifetime warranty. my question is if the sachs clutch would make noise. and if so is it enough to make you want to replace it again. i have a g60 flywheel so i got that covered. i will be going with sachs clutch due to it being rated higher in torque, but just wanted to get some opinions while i do my first post:D

·
Premium Member
23,902 Posts
I have never heard of one being more noisy than the other but I could be wrong. You can mix-match G60 flywheel brands but not pressure plate-clutch brands, and I don't know who sells clutch kits without the PP anyways. This does become an issue if reusing the DMF flywheel though since their clutch kits are designed to work with only one DMF flywheel.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts