VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi guys/gals.

I was reading on another forum someone was asking if there were any VAG-COM users in Santa Monica, Valley, Beverly Hills, or LA region. The link someone posted

World Vag-Com Locator Map is a bit vague.
VAG-COM Diagnostic Service Locator

If anyone knows of a better US map or user locations then please post it?

There are user locations on VW forums but those are mainly the UK.

VWAF User Location Map - VCDS

Vehicle Diagnostics Equipment VCDS

google it for this doesn't bring much useful info?

As I said in the other forum:

Obviously the US is a very large country so if you have to travel 300-400 miles just to get a simple check/adjustment done then maybe its going to be cheaper to buy your own lead and show your location then you could make a bit of beer money locally?

Seeing as how there are many VAG-COM users on here maybe you would like to add your location with what cable/version and user experience you have for our reference?

I will start the ball rolling.

Cable: Genuine VCDS USB-HEX-CAN.
Software: Current VCDS Release
Experience: Not a great deal as I've only had it 12 months.

I've done a few mods as you can read in My VCDS Tweaks I've done a few scans on friends Golf's, Seat Leon's, Audi Q5 with a diagnosis success along with my Free EOBD II Error Codes software. ;)

·
Super Moderator
2,243 Posts
Well, there are Vag-Com locator lists on several websites out there (including VWvortex and TDIclub) which are linked to searchable maps... Wouldn't it be easier simply to link to those?

Yuri (Hex+CAN)

·
Premium Member
9,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes I've seen them so we just post links from other forums is that what your saying rather than compiling our own list?

I mean it doesn't bother me as I have my own I'm just trying to help other users.

·
Premium Member
23,902 Posts
I thought about starting a vag com locator but the problem is keeping it updated. People also sell their cables-cars or their contact info. It's just too much work for one person so it would have to be a wiki type or google updated list. KeithUK, good start, if you have any ideas go ahead and take the lead, it would have to be a member supported and updated list.

·
Premium Member
9,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
True keeping it updated is a problem mainly because people don't know these sites exists.

Well we have to start somewhere?

·
Premium Member
9,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've made this thread a Sticky so users will easily see it when they come to this section.

I'm asking any users that say they have VAG-COM\VCDS to please add there details in here like cable type, software version, experience so we can make up our own list for our users.

Cheers. ;)

·
Registered
7 Posts
New User - VAG COM

Is there anyone in the GreaterCincinnati/Northern Kentucky whom would be able to read codes on 2000 NewBeetle TDI. Willing to pay.
Hans

·
Super Moderator
2,243 Posts
I know of a TDI expert in Versailles... I don't think he does free VCDS scans, but I'm sure he's most reasonable... as well, he's a first rate mechanic for fixing whatever will need to be repaired...

I'll pm you whatever contact info I have...

All the best,

Yuri

·
Premium Member
1 Posts
how to access the vagcom list?

How do you find the vagcom list? Everything I click on or try does not work. Can some one help? Thanks.

·
Premium Member
9,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Welcome to the forum Steve. welcometomyturbodies

How do you find the vagcom list? Everything I click on or try does not work.
What do you mean by vagcom list?

Vag-Com Locator Map works for me. As I said alot of VW forums have there own list thats why I'm trying to promote this one.

·
Premium Member
2013 VW JSW TDI, MT
67 Posts
Can help with VCDS

I have VCDS HEX-CAN COM now. I am not assuming any VCDS skills, so if you want to do something get and idea how to do that. I'm in CA-AZ-NV tristate area.

·
Premium Member
9,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Congratulations EinMensch your the first one thats added any info in this thread and its been here 18 months and its been viewed 2300+ times. :nana

·
Registered
28 Posts
VCDS Available

Another VCDS Available to Help:

I have a HEX-USB+CAN.

Suisun City (Solano County), CA, 94585 USA

Please PM if I can be of service.

·
Premium Member
9,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I tried out VCDS 12.10.1 Beta today and when I ran it there is a new VCDS 11.11.5 out now 22/12/2012 which I installed.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts