VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Super Moderator
23,902 Posts
The real value in the cable is with the software. FYI, you can use the limited freeware version with that but the genuine cable comes with full version software.

·
Super Moderator
9,395 Posts
Yes thats cheap but it will depend on what software you get with it. The full Ross-tech software is free its just that the cable is chipped to be registered. So I presume if you tried it on an eBay cable then it wouldn't recognise the cable or the functions would be limited. ;)

http://www.ross-tech.com/vcds/download/current.html

·
Registered
37 Posts
Ross-tech software and cabling is dirt cheap for the power it has. I own an import repair shop and I would very gladly pay double Ross-tech prices to get that kind of diagnostic ability for other car lines. I have actually, and been disappointed.

I have queried the boys at Ross-tech about expanding their offerings into other car lines. They were talking about that for a while and I think they have given up on that notion for the most part, chosing to just do what they do now even better.

Ross-tech works so well, one of my techs use it as his secret weapon on OBDII cars that wont scan with our other software. (Subaru and Nissan can be picky) He uses the OBDII function on Ross-tech and it usually pulls a code even though it is cross-specie, so to speak.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts