VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What all can you do to your car through the VAG-Com?

I am going to have one of the tech's set my lock/unlock buttons on key fob to roll windows up/down when you hold the buttons. Is there anything else thats not in the MFD Settings page?

·
Registered
104 Posts
Turn off DRL.
Disable seat belt chime disable.
Door open chime disable.
Adjustable footwell lighting.
Fogs as DRL.
Turn on the hazard flashers if your ABS kicks on from hard braking.

There is other stuff that isn't enabled because you need extra equipment. You can also look here http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?4743553

Address 09 - Central Electronics:

Note: If this module does not communicate, unlock all vehicle doors and try again.

Windows up via remote
Comfort Operation (via Remote Control) found in Adaptation. Channel 6, change the value to 1 (On) and Save.

Note: On the 2010 A3 models changing the Adaptation value of Channel 6 may only enable an additional menu in the DIS (MFA). It may be necessary to activate this using the dash menu and selecting Display Type > Set > Windows > Convenience > Automatic. Please see: Audi A3 - Windows Up via Remote Control (Comfort Windows)

Daytime Running Lights
Found in Coding, Long Coding helper, the lamp systems are different:
- Factory Xenon – Byte 11
- Factory Halogen – Byte 15

Cornering Lights via Front Fog Lights active
Found in Coding, Long Coding helper

Note: The headlights must be turned on and the steering wheel must be in the turning direction for this to work.
The lights may also work under the following conditions: Headlights on, fogs off, turn signal on in the turning direction.

Fogs as Daytime Running Lights for Xenon equipped vehicles
Fogs only
Byte 11 - un-check "Daytime Running Lights (via Low Beam) active"
Byte 14, Bit 1 - Manually modify the binary value from a "0" to a "1"

Fogs and Xenon Headlights as DRLs at the same time for Xenon equipped vehicles
Byte 11 - leave this alone (DRL's on)

Fogs as Daytime Running Lights for Halogen equipped vehicles
Disable Factory Halogen DRL's in Byte 15 - un-check "Daytime Running Lights (via separate lights) active"

Notes:
- Depending on the Byte 18 coding, this may result in all of the parking lights illuminating.
- If you do not have desirable results on Halogen equipped vehicles, please update this thread.

Alarm Confirmation via lights and horn
Found in Coding, Long Coding helper.

Comfort Turn signals
Found in Adaptation. From the drop down list, choose the number of flashes and Save.

Emergency Brake Warning active
This actually uses the 4 ways flashers, not a flashing of the brake lamps.

Auto-Lock

Coming Home
If the vehicle is not equipped with an "Auto" headlight switch, coming home activation will likely require you to pull the high beam stalk back briefly after shutting the vehicle off and before exiting. The description should be found in your owner's manual.

Leaving Home
Leaving home will likely require the "Auto" switch and a light sensor. The description should be found in your owners manual.

Auto Closing Sunroof & Windows via Rain Light Sensor (need rain light sensor)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Quick question on Fog as DRL:

I think I would like that option instead of having the Xenons on all the time. If I changed the fog bulbs to LED bulbs that were "whiter" than halogens, I think it would look nice. I would also deactivate Fogs As Cornering lights.

Has anyone considered this?

·
Super Moderator
23,902 Posts
Funny stuff can happen with conversion light bulbs because the MFD will tell you if a light bulb is burnt out and it might get triggered. I don't know how the system works but I know it's possible.

They do sell whiter halogen bulbs at any auto parts store. I tried the brightest silverstars and they worked well.

·
Registered
13 Posts
So, chitty, you changed to Fogs as DRL? (do you have Xenons?). I wonder if the fog DRLs run at reduced power/brightness than when fogs are actually turned on?

Regarding LED bulbs for exterior, I think we are still searching for bulbs that don't trip the "bulb out" message...

·
Super Moderator
9,092 Posts
Ok I've just extended the flash tap to 5 flashes now I see that the DRLs are on now I don't think its anything to do with the tap flashers as I put it back to 3 and they are still on.

Now this thread talks about turning the DRLs off but its very confusing using the long coding $hit. The numbers listed aren't in mine, I have the standard HIDs.

·
Registered
308 Posts
I wonder if the fog DRLs run at reduced power/brightness than when fogs are actually turned on?
Fogs run at full power as DRL

·
Registered
308 Posts
Hey Keith,

Not sure what you mean by "standard HIDs".

·
Registered
308 Posts
Oh ok Keith, FYI it was confusing bc "HID" means High Intensity Discharge which refers to a xenon bulb. ;)

·
Super Moderator
9,092 Posts
Yes sorry its just a mix on words, I was thinking H for Halogen.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I Have a 2011 VW Jetta TDI i'm looking to enable the windows up on lock with the remote.

I tried the -

Windows up via remote
Comfort Operation (via Remote Control) found in Adaptation. Channel 6, change the value to 1 (On) and Save.

But it's not in my adaption, anyone have the long code for the MK6 jetta?

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
23,902 Posts
I haven't had the chance to look at a mk6 Jetta yet but I'm guessing there should be a checkbox that you can change in the long coding in the cecm module.

If not, please post this in the VCDS section in the general forum, they may know.

·
Super Moderator
9,092 Posts
1 - 20 of 29 Posts