VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone! Last week I finished off replacing the timing belt, water pump, thermostat, serpentine belt and gear oil in my 2006 Beetle (whew!) Thanks to Bora parts in Troutdale Or. I had all of the parts (all made in Germany) that I needed. After I was done I noticed that I had 1 seal left. It turns out to be a vacuum pump seal. I can see the vacuum pump but can anyone tell me #1 where the seal is and #2 how to replace it. Also is there any history on this part going bad? Thanks for your help!

·
Super Moderator
23,902 Posts
The vacuum pump is on the end of the head. They can go bad and leak diesel but if I were you, I'd just leave it alone for now. If it starts to leak you have the seal, if you want to replace it you'll have to clean the area and open the fuel system, crank to bleed air out, etc.

·
Premium Member
5,942 Posts
I take it that's a different design from the older non pd engines Chitty? Sounds like it's a bit more complicated.:)

·
Premium Member
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks! I think I'll leave it alone for now. What signs should I look for in regards to the pump leaking. Will it be visual or affect the engines operation?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts