VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Someone told me there should be a way of going between the two phones without actually having to disconnect the other device in the event two people in the car on a long trip want to each use the bluetooth?
Does anyone know how to do this? I have a JSW 9w2. The manual is no help.

thanks

martin

·
Registered
2 Posts
I can't say for sure, but I strongly doubt that having the JSW bluetooth connected to two phones at the same time is possible. It creates a bunch of scenarios that would be difficult to manage.

Also, in most handsfree car systems the microphone is directional and favors the driver location. This helps cut down on picking up extraneous road noise. I'm not sure how usable the passenger seat is from a microphone standpoint. If the passenger leans over a bit and talks loudly, it probably is workable, but I don't know that this is a passenger behavior I would want to ENCOURAGE while I drive.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
bluetooth 3 devices

I believe the manual says that up to 3 devices can be connected at the same time. I assume they are referring to 3 drivers that may be driving at different times. What seems to happen is if my wife is in the car and not necessarily making a call but has her phone on, the yellow light on the overhead console goes yellow and interferes with my ability to use the bluetooth. I had her disconnect her bluetooth connection and we can be in the car. However, if she is in the car by herself and then I later get in the car and she has exited the car it messes me up. Therefore there has to be some sort of protocol to go back and forth?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts