VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
New to forum, looking at buying an 05 jetta TDi this week. Selling my current car and stepping down quite a bit with the Jetta.

Currently drive a 21' Accord that I traded my 15' Golf tdi on. Didn't think it through at the time but they were offering more than I paid for my Golf so I bought it.

Now I got an offer for almost 1k more than I paid for the Accord and wanted a cheap daily. Then I can use the $$ I normally pay towards the accord to finish the 64 C10 I am almost done building.

Found this Jetta online and it looks pretty good. Going to look at it tomorrow and will see if it runs as well as it looks.

Owner says it was his daily for years 50 mi commute.

Has 300k+ miles on body, engine replaced 50k ago with used motor. Has paper work on it and a new clutch, tbelt, water pump at same time.

If I decide to buy it I will have the local guru's check it over and do a full service.

Then any suspension/steering/brake parts it may need (if not needed immediately) I will replace on my own.

Sent from my moto g power (2021) using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Bought it.

Tbelt has 20k left until change, will be 75k on belt by then. Had all fluids replaced and a maintenance inspection. They listed shocks/struts, tie rods and oil leak from intercooler.

I did all new shocks/struts myself and the diesel geek shifter bushings.

I have tie rods and ball joints I will install sometime this year. Dont need them badly but have a small amount of play out of drive side.

Put a new intercooler and all new O-rings in it, am getting some oil into intercooler pipe. Not more than a tbs over then last 1500 mi. And think the oil they actually saw was from valve cover gasket.

Have put around 1500 miles on it so far with no real issues. Valve cover gasket has a small seep on backside, may do it a little later on.

While doing shift bushings a turbo exhaust stud snapped off so likely do gasket when I pull turbo to replace the studs.

Replaced all the inner axle bolts, the ones in it were not factory and were backing out.

Other than that its a very nice/cheap daily for me with no monthly payments.

Sent from my moto g power (2021) using Tapatalk

1 - 2 of 2 Posts