VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks,
So I watched a few videos, and started in on this timing belt/water pump swap. I took everything out, including the mid motor mount (the one with 3x 16mm bolts that attach to the engine). Messed with the pulleys and water pump and tensioner, and FINALLY got the timing belt on (was a real tight fit, needed help). I cranked the engine over by hand a couple times and it seemed OK. Well, I was pretty tired so I cranked the engine with the starter, and everything went fine! Great, I thought. Turns out, not so great. I accidentally left the metalnerd crank lock in there and it broke it clean in two. Now, I haven't installed the mid-mount, and I can't seem to get it around the tensioner or the A/C lines.

So, here's where I need your help. I really don't want to have to wait for a new crank lock tool, take the timing belt off, and set it all up with the mid-mount in place. Is there any way I can drop the engine further to reinstall the mid-mount, or move the A/C lines somehow?

Any tips would be appreciated!

Thanks

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I solved my problem! There is a little phillips-head bolt holding down the 2 AC pipes, under the windshield washer resevoir. Just removed the phillips-head screw and moved the AC lines out of the way. Thanks :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts