VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey! I have a 2004 2.0 tdi. just replaced the turbo but now dont think it was the problem. I have done everything i found that is available on youtube. smoked tested for leaks, vacuum tested lines, checked all hose connections. cleaned egr valve, had exhaust manifold shaved and put new gaskets, adjusted waist gate. Car starts and runs great up to 30 mph. Have plenty of rpm but no boost and will not go over 30 mph? I am sure i have 40 hours into this and still cant drive it to work. ???

·
Registered
8 Posts
Have you checked inside the throttle body and intake manifold for carbon buildup? These engines are notorious for it, especially at the 90^ elbow. The vvt is controlled by a vacuum module on the firewall, tee in a vacuum gauge, go for a drive, and see if source vac is in spec, and if module is allowing vacuum to the vvt. Inspect ALL vac hoses for leaks and soft spots(soft spots allow vac line to collapse when vacuum is applied, blocking it.)

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Have you checked inside the throttle body and intake manifold for carbon buildup? These engines are notorious for it, especially at the 90^ elbow. The vvt is controlled by a vacuum module on the firewall, tee in a vacuum gauge, go for a drive, and see if source vac is in spec, and if module is allowing vacuum to the vvt. Inspect ALL vac hoses for leaks and soft spots(soft spots allow vac line to collapse when vacuum is applied, blocking it.)

Passat B5.5 the intake and throttle body are clean. I also replaced the n75 and vacuum tested at 25 psi. What is vvt and where can i locate it?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So i disconnected the hose from the n75 to the actuator and drove the car. There is about 25 lbs vacuum when i test it. No difference in how the car runs. Still only goes 30 mph, low power. The actuator is working fine. ??

·
Registered
8 Posts
If t you apply vac with a vac pump to the hose from the n75 to turbo does the lever on the side of the turbo move?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Also want to make sure that the exhaust is completely clear all the way back, and the air filter is clean

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
If t you apply vac with a vac pump to the hose from the n75 to turbo does the lever on the side of the turbo move?

It does move. exhaust all clear including cat

·
Registered
38 Posts
Since you have already done so much work check the rubber hoses from the intercooler. That was my issue. Lots of RPM no speed. Car just kept revving bit didnt speed up. I also had another problem which was the black smoke from the exhaust. Dojt know if you have that. In any case checking the intercooler rubber hoses is a small task. Also make sure they are all the way and not loose

1 - 10 of 10 Posts