VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am sure a lot of you all out there have had or are familiar with "limp mode" where your Jetta TDI just doesn't have any power. Frankly when I first experience it, I was very concerned, read a lot from the forums, and was sure it was the TurboCharger. I actually ordered one, and was in the process of taking the old one off, when I found the REAL problem. There is an expandable pipe that goes between the EGR cooler and the exhaust manifold/turbocharger. When - in the process of disassembly - I took it off, it came off in two pieces. Since it is a VW DEALER only part, I went to the local dealer, picked up the connector pipe, and installed it. I decided that this was too good an opportunity to pass up, so I put everything all back together, and to my delight it worked like a champ. For the price of the connector pipe ($95), I saved over $600 by returning the unneeded Turbocharger. It may not work for you, but it certainly worked for me and is a good first thing to check. Symptoms are idential, so I would recommend that you check this out first.

·
Premium Member
5,942 Posts
welcometomyturbodies

Good catch, there are so many other things involved when it comes to limp mode so it's always better to investigate thoroughly first before ordering unrequired parts.:)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts