VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
FYI, some of the links in the turbo upgrade chart are dead. And why include Street Toys turbos? His turbos have blown up many times and he makes low quality products.

·
Premium Member
23,902 Posts
I update it when I find dead links, I'll take another look.

I include Street Toys because they offer turbos and isn't a fraudster. Some people have had horrible experiences with that vendor and I'm sure some have had good experiences. While that business does have some questions about it, it's up to the customer to do their research and decide for themselves what they want. I've seen one of the questionable parts in person and while it wasn't good he didn't outright steal the guy's money.

My goal is to provide information with as little judgement as possible to help them make their decision. Anyone can say anything about anyone and I try to avoid judgement until it's beyond a shadow of a doubt.

The emiata, prothe, dieselvw, westport parts business is a whole other story. That business basically stole money from me and they only sell junk. It's one thing for your business to be questionable, there are no questions about that business. He only sells crap and he'll take your money and give you lip and maybe not deliver. He also lies big time about the product descriptions. Piss off enough people beyond the shadow of a doubt and I'm not shy about giving a scathing review.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Makes sense but that's pretty subjective. Maybe there could be a poll of good vs. bad sellers.

·
Premium Member
23,902 Posts
Then anyone who isn't popular will be put in an unfavorable light. Popular doesn't always equal good and if you're buying parts, some vendors only specialize in a few parts. Presence on forums will also make a vendor more popular. If someone isn't on forums they could still be a good seller. For example, there's a great VW junkyard in PA and they're never on forums because the guy is too busy.

The goal of this FAQ is to give people non judgmental information and then point them in the right direction. I err on the side of caution before bad naming a business, especially in the FAQ.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I agree. It's too easy to badmouth someone on the internet but if you find lots of badmouthing it does make you wonder why. Every business makes mistakes, it's how they react to those mistakes that separate the good from the bad.

·
Registered
81 Posts
FYI, wholesale internet dealers can have god pricing on stock turbos too. 1stvwparts has parts pretty cheap. And 2nd, 3rd, 4th, the emiata guy sucks.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Other than the VNT 17 found on European TDI none of those could be considered a stock turbo and I don't think you could even order the VNT 17 through a regular dealer anyways. From what I heard, Street toys had some good parts but got lazy and started putting out crap. Just from what I've read online.

·
Premium Member
23,902 Posts
Other than the VNT 17 found on European TDI none of those could be considered a stock turbo and I don't think you could even order the VNT 17 through a regular dealer anyways.
I tried this in the past, dealers will tell you that it's not even in the parts system or that it's an invalid part number. Also, 1stvwparts website is setup so that I cannot direct link to their site for easy price comparisons. Otherwise I would have already done it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts