VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a 06 Jetta tdi with the brm motor. I recently replaced the turbo and put the old vnt actuator on the new turbo and now when trying to drive full vacuum is applied to the actuator keeping the vanes closed all the time. I vacuum tested the actuator and it starts to move at 1in of vacuum and stops moving at 15in. So obviously I have the actuator misadjusted but would this cause the n75 valve only send full vacuum to the actuator?

·
Premium Member
174 Posts
Here is the old wiki for testing for limp mode. That would be my startng place as it walks through the turbo functionality and tests for various components. It's been a year or so since I walked through the tests so I don't remember exactly. If your turbo is as you describe, you should be getting codes. If you have VCDS, there are turbo tests you can run to validate the actuator adjustment.

·
Super Moderator
9,094 Posts
First posts normally go in introductions else you could get a free fix and we never see you again!!!

Forum Rules and Guidelines

This is a new forum layout with loads of bugs which have been reported in the new thread. There is no TDI Wiki at the moment or or original similes. It doesn't show the car spec/location or signature properly either

We Are Live - Community Feedback

This has been talked about many times.

I've made a pole which no one has posted in, there are a few votes and comments.

Do you like the new forum features?

·
Premium Member
174 Posts
KeithUK said:
I've made a pole which no one has posted in, there are a few votes and comments.
Poll Keith, you have created a POLL. Please fix this in whatever clipboard you have for your standard comments.

·
Premium Member
8 Posts
I bought a 06 Jetta tdi with the brm motor. I recently replaced the turbo and put the old vnt actuator on the new turbo and now when trying to drive full vacuum is applied to the actuator keeping the vanes closed all the time. I vacuum tested the actuator and it starts to move at 1in of vacuum and stops moving at 15in. So obviously I have the actuator misadjusted but would this cause the n75 valve only send full vacuum to the actuator?
Don't you have it backwards? Isn't full vacuum full turbo and no vacuum no turbo? That's how I remember it and how it would make sense to me. So my question: does the motor have constant turbo boost or none? If constant, take a look at N75 (wiring, for instance); if none, look for a vacuum leak.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Don't you have it backwards? Isn't full vacuum full turbo and no vacuum no turbo? That's how I remember it and how it would make sense to me. So my question: does the motor have constant turbo boost or none? If constant, take a look at N75 (wiring, for instance); if none, look for a vacuum leak.
No on the brm’s full vacuum closes the vanes and no vacuum opens them

·
Premium Member
1 Posts
While idling, you should see full vacuum(around 25"). it's when you press the gas pedal that you should notice the decrease in vacuum. Hook up a T-hose connection between the actuator and the N75 to monitor the vacuum. Turn your car on and rev the engine. If this doesn't affect the vacuum, then your N75 is probably bad.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts