VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This may be premature, but I thought I would pose the question. I finished a camshaft, lifters, timing belt etc job tonight and the car started and drove fine. I began to drive the car home from my fathers place and realized the turbo was not working. The only issues with the engine work was that the techs at the local VW dealership cut a vacuum line (1/4 diameter) near the back of the valve cover when they initially diagnosed the issue. I did not have a way to fix the line at midnight. Second, the check engine light is on. I imagine I need to reset it from the initial problem and work done (any suggestions besides going to checker and using the reader). Finally, the battery was disconnected for two weeks during diagnosis, parts order and fix. I will look at it more tomorrow, but five hours is enough and it is time to sleep. I don't know if there is a known issue I am overlooking as to the turbo. I will post more info from the cam / lifter job tomorrow. The lifter was real bad. Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
298 Posts
It's probably a vacuum line problem like you said. The check engine light is telling you something, first figure out what it's saying before you start guessing on what the problem is.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Vacuum line

I fixed the vacuum line and the turbo was back to normal. When I filled the tank the check engine light reset. All is well.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts