VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Could anyone help me out with finding the coupler that connects the oil feed line to the top of the turbocharger on an ALH engine please? I don't feel right using the same rusty kind of stripped one from the old turbo on a brand new turbo and no one seems to carry them. Thank you

·
Premium Member
23,902 Posts
Do you mean the union with two male threads? It is not listed as a spare part but I'm sure Garrett sells it. On older engines it was listed as a spare part. I don't know why it's not in the parts catalog for ALH.

VW# 028 145 786 is listed for European TDI engines with similar engines with threads m10x1/m14x1.5. My best guess is that it will fit, try checking the threads yourself and see if it'll fit but use at your own risk. I have no idea why it's in the European part catalog for the same engine and not in the North American part catalog. Please post a follow up if it works, thanks.

Also, moved to the mk4 section since this is more technical than a parts wanted ad.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I just ordered this part # 028-145-786 from my local VW dealer will post an update hope it fits my ALH motor's original VNT15. Price was $67 Canadian.

·
Premium Member
736 Posts
you reacted too fast, if you paid 67$ for fitting you needed maybe 23$ more to get complete oil line

if you waited little more maybe you would end up with a steel braided oil supply line from Kerma TDI that comes with it's own new fitting and what is even better this flexible steel braided line is twist resistant. Anyway you have to use new oil supply line when installing new turbo. You don't have to but it's highly recommended.

http://prostores4.carrierzone.com/servlet/kermatdicom/-strse-238/Braided-steel-turbo-oil/Detail

welcometomyturbodies

·
Registered
5 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts