VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2004 Jetta TDI. The yellow engine light came on and stays on. Got a code: P2564: Failed Turbo boost position sensor Engine runs fine. Performance is normal. No turbo lag. What is my problem ?

·
Registered
104 Posts
It's possible there's a broken wire. If the turbo boost position sensor has some broken wires but the car runs fine it's probably a broken wire somewhere or a bad connection or short. Look at the turbo wastegate can, the sensor is on that. It's not replaceable separately from the turbo on PD engines.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I'd pull back the wiring harness as far as you can and carefully look at the wiring too, some have fixed this code by finding a broken wire farther up the harness.

·
Premium Member
23,902 Posts
If you get a VCDS cable it'll cost about the same as 2 hours of dealer labor. If you decide to sell the cable, depreciation on it is about 1/2 hour of dealer labor.

If you have the time and a laptop computer, I would buy a VCDS cable and look at its function through the VCDS Ross tech diagnostic software. That will tell you right away if the sensor is bad.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am checking into the VAG-COM KII-UBS cable right now, waiting for Ross-Tech to get back with me to see, if the cable works with an Apple laptop (not Windows).
If it does, I will get the cable and go from there...

Rainer

·
Premium Member
6 Posts
I have the same problem which is a constant P2564 error on my 05 jetta BEW engine:confused:. I have cleaned the contacts of the Turbo actuator with no luck. Let me know what you find with your car if you fix it. Thanks Chris

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have had this CEL fault code on for over 3 yrs. Ever since i had my vnt20 installed, its been on. This sensor is useless...it can actually be deleted with a chip tuner for alot cheaper than to actually fix it. There is no performance loss with or without this sensor working. Its only for the ecu to know where the positioning sensor is...it still runs off of vacuum and you should be relying on a boost gauge and boost valve, anyhow.

If you have the time and a laptop computer, I would buy a VCDS cable and look at its function through the VCDS Ross tech diagnostic software. That will tell you right away if the sensor is bad.
Plz give step by step instructions on how to do this...i would like to check but dont know how.

·
Premium Member
6 Posts
I found a wire partially cut about 1/2 in from VNT connector. The wire size is very small and easily cut. I used a safety pin to check for continuity of the wire. I then unclipped the wiring harness to allow access to the broken wire and put in an uninsulated butt splice connector with a heat shrink insulated cover. The CEL went away. This was not very difficult.

·
Registered
4 Posts
congrats to getting it up and running. myself on the other hand, cannot have a quick fix like you..mine needs to be replaced. its a $6 wire and a 1.5hr labor charge. i have been running with the CEL now for 3+yrs...i think im getting sick of it being there now.LOL

1 - 10 of 10 Posts