VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 05 passat that was converted to a 5 speed manual trans (love it!), however the cruise control does not function as a result of the conversion. I know that there were European 5 speeds so I assume that there should be a tune that will restore the cruise control. I would also like to advance the timing and get a little better fuel mileage at the same time. Im currently getting 32 MPG in mixed driving and was hoping for a little better. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

·
Premium Member
102 Posts
You should look at kill da auto wabbit and be sure the relay was wired correctly. This is the most likely issue.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
102 Posts
That's a difficult one, if you actually want to change something fuel wise then there's a few choices. Kerma, Malone, rocket chip I think. If you want to go off road tune then Malone...

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have an 05 passat that was converted to a 5 speed manual trans (love it!), however the cruise control does not function as a result of the conversion. I know that there were European 5 speeds so I assume that there should be a tune that will restore the cruise control. I would also like to advance the timing and get a little better fuel mileage at the same time. Im currently getting 32 MPG in mixed driving and was hoping for a little better. Can anyone point me in the right direction?
My 02 golf was converted from AT to MT. The cruise is looking for a clutch switch which doesn't exist since the vehicle started out life as AT. I have been unable to find a pigtail in the wiring harness under dash for that switch so the work-around I use is to reset the control mod to AT so it isn't looking for the clutch switch. Downside is that the check engine light comes on as there is no signal from the AT to the control mod. Pick your poison. Driving around with the "check wallet" light on is unsettling for some folks. I look under the bonnet to see what is there on occasion. With 325K+ on the vehicle, I still get close to 50mpg in summer, less here in Maine during the winter.

·
Premium Member
102 Posts
My 02 golf was converted from AT to MT. The cruise is looking for a clutch switch which doesn't exist since the vehicle started out life as AT. I have been unable to find a pigtail in the wiring harness under dash for that switch so the work-around I use is to reset the control mod to AT so it isn't looking for the clutch switch. Downside is that the check engine light comes on as there is no signal from the AT to the control mod. Pick your poison. Driving around with the "check wallet" light on is unsettling for some folks. I look under the bonnet to see what is there on occasion. With 325K+ on the vehicle, I still get close to 50mpg in summer, less here in Maine during the winter.
You need to look at the thread, "kill da auto wabbit," and review what's been done in regards to the swap.
Mine had a manual swap when it was an 03, and I transplanted it into an 02 doing the wiring myself with no CEL.
It's not looking for the trans unless it wasn't coded out. The clutch switch is wired into the relay for the auto trans under the dash.
There should be no CEL unless there's an incomplete part of the swap.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts