VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sitting here in my garage trying to reinstall my timing belt on my MKV 2006 Jetta TDI, and the forum wont let me view the thread

I never got a forum email confirmation, and the page says it needs a post to view other stuff, so here it is

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
or try this account, this is retarded to have to have one post to view stuff in these forums, I appreciate the wealth of information here, but this is a bit much

·
Super Moderator
23,902 Posts
I'm sitting here in my garage trying to reinstall my timing belt on my MKV 2006 Jetta TDI, and the forum wont let me view the thread

I never got a forum email confirmation, and the page says it needs a post to view other stuff, so here it is
The account is activated as soon as you complete the profile. There is no email confirmation. It can take up to 10 minutes for the 1st post to be processed which is explained in the error message you are seeing.

or try this account, this is retarded to have to have one post to view stuff in these forums, I appreciate the wealth of information here, but this is a bit much
You don't need an account to view the forums except for 1 section. People complain that they need an account to post as well. People complained that they weren't getting the activation emails because their email servers are too restrictive. Where should I draw the line to get access to the community?

You do need to be a participating member to view a few of the thousands of pages of FAQ material that are provided all for free and that I spent years building up. I could do a donation box for the thousands of hours put into the site or a subscription to view the writeups. But I think free is best since I don't want to worry about people stealing the content and distributing it. It costs me a lot of time and money to document this stuff, put it online, and provide a TDI resource that's been updated this decade. Like your local library, the internet isn't free just because it's free to use.

A good relationship between the community and individual is a give and receive. By joining and giving an introduction to the community, the individual can receive all the great resources here. I provide it all for free because my reward is you, the community members. It also lets the community know what you're working on and lets me know who is finding the info helpful.

So before I merge your accounts, which name do you want to keep?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
keep this account, kill the other

btw, the timing belt service info was very helpful to me this weekend

I was in a bind with an impatient mechanic (my father) trying to see the second part of the timing belt install, now that we've got the account and post thing sorted out, everything is ok

1 - 4 of 4 Posts