VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where is the best place to get the transmission filter and fluid for my DSG 2006 Jetta TDI? Am I better off buying it from a dealer or off of ebay? Also where is the best place to get a timing belt kit from, I have always used dieselgeek.com for my ALH but I since I am new to the forum I thought I would ask.

·
Super Moderator
23,902 Posts
Dieselgeek is fine. Also check out the forum sponsor Kermatdi.com. I almost never buy from local dealers because of their markup. If dealers can sell it wholesale online the local dealer can sell it wholesale too. The exception is when parts are cheaper after shipping.

·
Registered
220 Posts
If you get the DSG filter and fluid off ebay, make sure to avoid the generic parts unless they are an OEM supplier. For that reason, buy from a trusted parts vendor who sells known parts. idparts, ecstuning, and the online dealer 1stvwparts all sell good stuff. They all sell known timing belt parts too.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Fluid type

I have been searching for the fluid type recomended for a 2006 DSG transmission and have not found any. THe only atf I found on sponsored sights was Redline a4, is this what everyone uses?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks

That is more like what I have been looking for, is this a good price? Is the add correct about servicing a DSG every 20,000 miles?

·
Super Moderator
9,151 Posts
Also check out the forum sponsor Kermatdi.com.
I didn't know this forum had any sponsors chitty, they aren't shown on the main screen or the forum screen. Maybe you should have some links or pictures on the main screen? ;)

·
Super Moderator
23,902 Posts
More exposure for forum sponsors is in the plans but I'm so busy with working on adding content that I still have to figure out the best way to integrate them. In addition, I don't want to add a banner for sponsors until there's enough to cycle the banner.

·
Super Moderator
9,151 Posts
offtopic2

Have you thought about having Google Ads they pay you a small amount each month? My forum uses them. ;)

Sorry I see you do have them.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts