VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Super Moderator
23,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Clutch and flywheel removal tips will come later, for now here's detailed instructions on how to remove the transmission.

http://www.myturbodiesel.com/1000q_how_to/a5/TransRemovalmk5.htm

Shown is the 5 speed manual transmission. I wouldn't be surprised if removing the 6 speed manual transmission was the same but I'm not sure. It was done to replace a bad clutch/flywheel on my 2006 VW Jetta TDI. After removing them from the car the DMF did move more in 1 direction vs. the other and I had a fairly predictable rough idle that only occurred when the car was warmed up and at a stoplight. Since it went away when I stepped on the clutch, I figured that if it wasn't an engine management thing which caused the engine to somehow smooth out when you step on the clutch, it was due to something on the clutch/flywheel/pressure plate. It definitely had nothing to do with the throwout bearing or clutch fork. After putting some miles on a new clutch/DMF/pressure plate, the rough idle is gone but I still have a very rare hiccup at a stoplight that I feel is normal. I also don't think it had anything to do with loose dogbone or mount bolts. I also looked at maloosheck's blog of useful mk5 stuff before doing my article so many thanks there too.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts