VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:dunnoThe National highway transportation safety administration (NHTSA) recently opened an investigation on power loss and jerky power delivery of the DSG.
I have been experiencing, with increasing occurance, a jerky shifting in the lower gears. When slowing to almost a stop there is a noticible down shift and also on acceleration. This is a 2010 Jetta TDI automatic. Has anyone else had this problem? We have taken it to the dealer and they can find nothing wrong.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Shuddering sensation

I have noticed the same sensation with my 2,600 mi. 2010 TDI Jetta. It was particularly noticeable, for instance, when gingerly backing out from between two monster SUV's in a very busy parking lot. I found that trying to just lightly hold my foot on the throttle was a mistake as the transmission didn't seem to be able to make up it's mind whether to engage or not engauge (like Hamlet). If the car had a manual transmission I would have been riding the clutch I'm sure. What seems to work is to keep my foot off the throttle and just let the engine idle it's way back. Otherwise I took it to be an inherent characteristic of the design of the machinery. (I thought briefly about using the marine system—blow three times and back slow—but decided against it.) Ronny

1 - 3 of 3 Posts