VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know a trick in getting the transmission line on a 05 passat tdi into the radiator?
It is kicking my butt! Tried just about everything short of using C4. Trying to locate some now.. ;)
Guy at the dealer told me sometimes you have to bend the line out to get it to go on straight.

Anyone done this?

·
Premium Member
5,942 Posts
Is this on an automatic? I'll have to check the faq to see if the info is in there as I'm not sure what you're doing, I haven't dealt with the passat myself.:)

welcometomyturbodies

·
Premium Member
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes this is the 5 speed A/T. They say "oh you should just be able to push it in. BS i had a pry bar on the lower line trying to push it in and it wont go. Why couldn't they just use a threaded line?

·
Premium Member
5,942 Posts
Well I think you should take a break from it and wait til someone can advise you on it, it sounds like a wind up. I can't find any info at the moment relating to the problem but others will be around in a while who'll know these things. I understand the frustration though, I just did my steering rack recently and it turned into a wind up job too.:)

·
Premium Member
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I installed new o'rings and it didn't help much. Took some sand paper to the inside or the port and lubed it again. Finally went in but not all the way. Found the ear for the bolt was dent down a little. Quick work with some pliers fixed that.
Its installed now, lets pray it don't leak lol

1 - 5 of 5 Posts