VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need a trans ASAP! My diff blew over the weekend. If anyone knows of one that available, please call or text me at 856.577.3132 or e-mail at [email protected].

Thank you,

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I purchased a trans a couple hours ago for $975 delivered. It's out of an 2003 Jetta TDI/02J EGR w/ 25K on it. This nearly fell into my lap. I was ready to buy a brand new trans for over $2K. Worse case, it's a bad trans, but it have a 90 day warrenty and if it doesn't work, they will get me another for at no charge. I'll have it tomorrow, now I'll need my rear main seal to show up and the new G60/VR6 clutch kit and I'll be back sipping fuel by the weekend.

·
Registered
298 Posts
You already got a tranny but I've had good luck with the L&T junkyard in PA. They do VWs and know TDIS, here is their info:
L&T Enterprizes
6220 Airport Rd.
Allentown, PA 18109
610-264-9191
800-228-3895
and of course http://car-part.com/

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Time was of the essence...I needed to get this in and on the road again, so I was able to document the removale/installation of the trans. Monday the trans showed up, Wednesday the G60/VR6 flywheel/clutch kit showed, and Thursday the rear main seal showed up. Thursday the trans went in and I was test driving it 2 hours later. I absolutly love this .658 5th gear. VW should have sold them this way.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts