VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can any members here recommend a good trailor hitch form my new Golf TDI? I will be using it to attach my Thule bike rake?

Thanks!

Mike

PS: are there any warrenty issues with doing this?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey thanks green. I don't know if I can justify the cost - more than tripple aftermarkets. Plus the one that is recommended seems to only have a ball connector where as my bike hard has fits in a square opening.

Any other members have suggestions?

Mike

·
Registered
23 Posts
Thumbs up to Westfalia

I just installed the Westfalia (tow bar) hidden hitch on a 2005 JSW with the Westfalia 13 pin connector electrical harness.

It was a seamless install. The quality fit and finish is German precision. I purchased from PF Jones - worked with Dale (They are a fantastic group!)

http://www.pfjones.co.uk/

Shipping is the largest expense (but worth it)

Attachments

·
Registered
18 Posts
Golf TDI Westfalia Hitch Or Better?

Hi folks,
I'm looking for a hitch for my Golf TDI. I hear the Westfalia is the top pick by many. I understand that a bumper cut and new "cover" are then needed. I understand the covers are not available in the U.S.

Would anyone have a Youtube type video of any of these "hidden hitches" being installed and what they look like when they are completed? Does anyone have a link, pictures or related info. on this please?

I also know many hitches are available. Would any of you have an alternative suggestion?

Thanks

1 - 7 of 7 Posts