VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just recently bought a 2012 Jetta TDI 6spd manual. This is my first car, as I am used to owning an older Jeep. I found on the ECS Tuning website they make a retrofit to install a Traction Control Button to turn the Traction Control off. They have very detailed instructions on how to properly install this retrofitted button. The one thing that they do not explain very well is how they went into the ABS Control Module with VAG-COM Programming. What is VAG-COM Programming and how do I get into the "Long Code Helper?" I have added a link to their website with the kit I think I need.
https://www.ecstuning.com/b-ecs-parts/traction-control-button-retrofit-kit-without-keyless-start/003208ecs01kt/

·
Super Moderator
9,158 Posts
First posts normally go in introductions else you could get a free fix and we never see you again!!!

Forum Rules and Guidelines

Any problems search TDI Wiki as that covers write ups and forum posts.

The traction control button is the ESP button on my Golf, is that the same on your Jetta?

You can search Ross-Tech forum

As suggested you need to get your motor scanned (preferably with VAG-COM\VCDS) for any error codes logged in the ecu and post them, that will save a lot of guessing and check systems out.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I believe so. I just bought the car and I have only driven the older Jettas and they have the ESP Button. I just wanted to modify my car for my personality. I want complete control over my car and not the computer.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts