VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today i bought a 2003 beetle with 188000 miles on. I'm looking forward to the info on this site to work on my car. Is there anything I should start with first to make sure i get another 188000 miles on it? I was worried when the engine started i noticed the right side of the engine moved up more than what I thought it should. Could this mean i have a broken engine mount or is this normal. I didn't expect to see the engine move or rise up on the pass. side.
Thank you

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
right side when setting in car. today i'm going to start with oil and filter change.Thank you for the link,just what i needed.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I found a squeal noise coming from the belts. Not sure which one. Would the timing belt make a noise or the serpentine belts. Sounds like a churping noise.

·
Premium Member
23,902 Posts
The timing belt should be quiet. The alternator pulley has an internal 1 way clutch, if you take the serp belt off and use a wood stick to hold the fan inside, you should be able to freely turn the pulley only 1 way. If lots of grease thrown out it's bad. Could also be the tensioner.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
work in progress

well it's been a few days but i changed the timing belt,water pump,new rollers,tensioner,alt pulley,fuel filter,oil and oil filter. repaired a stripped glow plug hole and installed new glow plugs.
Next i want to start on the injectors. i have a nozzle pop tester but can only check the pre injection does anyone know if this will be okay since i can't check the higher pressure? thanks for the help.

·
Premium Member
223 Posts
I believe both need to be tested because there are two springs in there that can 'wear'.
I always take mine to a diesel shop to test and shim.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts