VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In preparation for a timing belt replacement, I was inspecting the camshaft lobes and lifters for wear on my 2006 Jetta TDI and found that there is some. The car has 97,000 miles on it and I have the 100,000 mile extended warranty through fidelity.

I am debating just replacing the camshaft myself at significant expense, or working with the dealership and fidelity to try and get them to fix it. I am concerned that it will be more of a hassle and expense to deal with them than just doing it myself and having the peace of mind that it is thoroughly and competantly done. The dealership told me that I would be responsible for the diagnostic fee and breakdown fee if the fidelity rep did not feel there was significant wear.

Just wondering if anyone had dealt with fidelity or had any thoughts or suggestions?

Thank you,

Andy

·
Premium Member
23,902 Posts
I would have them do it due to the expense or have them cut you a check. It's not $30 we're talking about. That said, these extended warranties are known for giving hassles and refusing coverage. I would still try it though, please let us know what happens.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts