VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
148 Posts
I would not buy another VW product. After losing use of my 2010 TDI Golf for six days when it was not even six months old sunk my opinion on the brand completely. That and getting a junker (2010 Jetta gasser) for a loaner with its own assorted problems will keep me from buying anything from the VW group.

Comparable vehicles to your old wagon? Any crossover. However with your desire to get a diesel there isn't anything in the price range, an A3 maybe.

Well my TDI goes in for its 10k service next week; it actually crossed 10k today; so I have only 20k left before its gone.

· Registered
148 Posts
I've driven manuals my whole driving life. Once you find the bite point of your cars clutch you stall very rarely. Its very difficult to stall a diesel anyway unless your not an experienced manual shifter.
I have driven them all my life as well, including motorcycles. I have never stalled a car as much as this car stalls. It simply is unforgiving if the RPMs drop too low - it really just turns off. I don't think I stalled all the cars I have owned in twenty plus years combined as I have stalled this car.

Still, I will keep it till the three free services are up and its gone.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.