VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
There is also a minor recall for the TPMS system getting the minimum value overwritten with a higher value than is actually necessary. If you fill your tires up to the proper pressure and the light is still on, then call your dealer.

·
Premium Member
9,665 Posts
Welcome to the forum. welcometomyturbodies

Do you have just the Flat Tyre Indicator or the full TPMS?

Yes they do look ok visually when the light comes as chitty says just check the pressures. Mine comes on occasionally and the pressure in one tyre is only 3psi down from spec. After you have checked the pressures and inflated as necessary you need to press the Set button in the glovebox, earlier model were by the gearstick. It will ping and the light will go off. ;)

·
Premium Member
9,665 Posts
Is it possible that it is detecting the pressure in your spare tire? I had this happen recently with my BMW X3.
Are you having a laugh? :nana2: Not on VW's, why would they waste another £60 per car to add the sensor to the spare wheel?. ;)

·
Premium Member
9,665 Posts
Pressure was a little low. Its great now. Thanks
Well its funny its taken 3 weeks to come back and tell us.

How much lower was it? My light comes on when it drops by 3psi which you won't see visually.

So do you have just the Flat Tyre Indicator or the full TPMS? :)

·
Registered
91 Posts
So do you have just the Flat Tyre Indicator or the full TPMS? :)
His profile says a 2010 Jetta and he's in the US. Therefore he has the "full" TPMS.

·
Premium Member
9,665 Posts
His profile says a 2010 Jetta and he's in the US. Therefore he has the "full" TPMS.
Ok but it would have been nice to hear that from UtahTDI as I've asked it twice. ;)

·
Registered
91 Posts
Ok but it would have been nice to hear that from UtahTDI as I've asked it twice. ;)
Well, since VW doesn't use the phrase "Flat Tyre (Tire) Indicator" here in the US, many (most?) US owners have no clue what you were asking. I can't say whether or not that is true for UtahTDI or not...

·
Premium Member
9,665 Posts
Now this is a strange subject VW-1stTDI. When I ordered mine I was asking about this flat tyre indicator for £35 as the brochure and web side show a graphical picture of its operation. I asked does it measure the pressure in the tyres, no. Ok how much is that system? They don't do it for the Golf only the Touareg, thats just sales people not knowing their a**e from their elbow.

I'm very happy with my Flat Tyre Indicator for £35. ;)

·
Registered
91 Posts
The USA has required some sort of tire monitoring for the past few years. VW was using full TPMS in the USA to fulfill this requirement in Golf/GTI and Jetta through 2010, and did not offer the FTI for those models at all. For 2011 on the Golf/Jetta/GTI VW has changed course and decided to use FTI instead, and TPMS is not offered. We here in the USA (and Canada) do not have as much choice in options and configuration as you do in the UK, or the Rest of the World (ROW). We only get what VWoA condescends to offer us.

·
Premium Member
9,665 Posts
I was told the other day that in 2012 all new car must have a tyre pressure monitoring system in the UK and probably Europe. I was told at the beginning of the year when I picked mine up and had the DRLs turned off that they are making DRLs compulsory at he end of 2010 on new cars. ;)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts