VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

Fairly new to the forum so still getting adjusted to things. I am in the search for a good set of tires for my VW Jetta Tdi year 2015. Currently i have the stock continentals (225/45r17). I am nearing 60k miles and live in an area with snow. am looking for an all season/weather tire. Currently my mpg is around 42. Prefer not to drop that with a bad set of tires. I have visited tire rack and found a tire that is rated highly in all categories. the (VREDESTEIN QUATRAC PRO Grand Touring All-Season)
Has anyone else heard of these tires before and how do they affect fuel economy? Would it be a wiser choice to stick with the continentals? What are your opinions of a good tire or what is a good forum/thread to check out?

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
9,151 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

Its nice to see you made an intro on your own. ;)

This is a new forum layout with loads of bugs which have been reported in the new thread. There is no TDI Wiki at the moment or original similes. It doesn't show the car spec/location or signature properly either

We Are Live - Community Feedback

This has been talked about many times.

I've made a pole which no one has posted in, there are a few votes and comments.

Do you like the new forum features?

Wiki pages have been restored as of 7th December, I asked where is the link it should be on top of the main forum.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a '15 Jetta TDI too and drive in the snowy/icy winter months as well. I've taken to the Pirelli Cinturato P7 tires. I'm ending my 2nd set now and get ~65k miles on a set. They offer good year round traction and noise reduction and handle well on winter roads. The down side is the cost and honestly, they can develop a minor flat spot between 20-30 degrees F if they sit for longer than a day. All it takes is 5 minutes of drive time to round them back out, but still slightly annoying. I wrote Pirelli an email about it, but no response.

·
Premium Member
164 Posts
I replaced my Continentals with Michelin Primacy MXM4s and have been very happy with them. I generally don't drive mine in the snow much but have been surprised at how much better they do in the snow. The biggest difference I noticed is how much quieter they are on the freeway. We have a lot of concrete freeway here and the Continentals were too loud. I haven't noticed any change in MPG at all. The only downside I have noticed to the Michelins is if you do a lot of spirited driving they don't corner quite as well on bare dry roads but they excel everywhere else.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts