VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi I'm overdue for replacing my transmission. It grinds 2nd 3rd and 4th gear, and sometimes 1st. It also slips past reverse into 1st so I don't have access to reverse. I've had LKQonline.com recommended but everything I can find there seems to be pulled from a gas car, so it'll be geared wrong. Any suggestions on where to find a replacement? I have/need a 02Q/NFP transmission.

I guess a related question is: what are other compatible transmissions?
KRM, LHD, LNZ, NFU all have the same drive ratios (69/20/25).
KNY, KXZ, NFN all came from the CR170s, which is the turbo I'm running.
Are any of those heartier but compatible transmissions?

·
Super Moderator
9,390 Posts
Manufacturer: VW, Date(s) Used: 06/2009-12/2009, Model: Jetta/Syncro Jetta 1.6, Transmission Code: LKQ, Transmission Type: 7A
Manufacturer: VW, Date(s) Used: 07/2009-12/2009, Model: Golf/Variant/4Motion, Transmission Code: LKQ, Transmission Type: 7A

As taken from my new VAG Engine & Transmission Codes

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info. I think I was a little too vague, but the PDF was still helpful. I have/need an NFP transmission. LKQonline.com is where I was suggested to search, but they only have MDL transmissions, not NFP.

·
Super Moderator
9,390 Posts
Manufacturer: VW, Date(s) Used: 07/2008-, Model: Jetta/Syncro Jetta, Transmission Code: KRM, Transmission Type: 6S, Remarks: 02Q Gearbox (front-wheel drive)
Manufacturer: VW, Date(s) Used: 07/2009-10/2010, Model: Jetta, Transmission Code: LHD, Transmission Type: 6S, Remarks: 02Q Gearbox (front-wheel drive)

LNZ NFU KNY KNX NFN isn't used in the Jetta only other VAG models.

Manufacturer: VW, Date(s) Used: 10/2010-07/2014, Model: Jetta/Syncro, Transmission Code: MDL, Transmission Type: 6S

To find the different gear ratio's you need ElsaWin.

·
Premium Member
43 Posts
FWIW, when I rebuilt by 03 O2J trans, I shopped LQK and ebay. Found all gassers on LQK, finally found an O2J on Ebay. Had to drive a couple hundred miles to pick it up, but it worked.

Found out later the gassers trans were exactly the same as mine: shape, shafts, syncros... except gears ratios. Coulda saved a lot of money and driving. Maybe it's the same for yours?

Good luck

1 - 5 of 5 Posts