VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1998 tdi beetle belt broke at 100 kms/hour. I have replaced head, pistons seemed ok. Having problems putting everything back on time. Crank is timed with marks in standard transmission Cam is timed on back with a flat bar. I locked the injector pump in place with a 15/64 drill bit but there is three different opening in the gear how do I know which one is the right opening. Or is there a different way to do injector pump???

·
Super Moderator
2,243 Posts
There are 3 openings in the "gear", but that pulley is free to move on the hub (which must NEVER be loosened)... The pump hub has a slot cut out of it at the TDC-Cyl.1 position... As long as that slot is in line with the hole behind it, it doesn't matter which slot goes over it... try to keep the slot centered around the pin (drill bit) you're using to lock it in place...

I assume you've gone over the timing belt replacement in the 1000q "how to" section...

Yuri

PS: if you specify your location a bit more precisely (Canada is a fairly large place, if I recall correctly), perhaps someone more-or-less local could assist... BTW: where did you get the cylinder head worked or replaced?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts