VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
I guess I am going to purchace them. The crank sprocket tool is about CDN $ 55.00 and the Cam sprocket tool is about CDN $ 30.00

Can a rod of the same dia be used for the cam sprocket? If so what is the dia of this pin?

·
Premium Member
23,902 Posts
Off the top of my head, 5/16, see the mk4 ALH timing belt writeup for dimensions of 3359. The most important thing is to check the cam timing. The pin could be a hair off and it won't make a difference if it's corrected through measuring torsion through VCDS. If it's a full tooth off, then yeah, you're getting into the danger zone.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Stuff is really cheap in the States, compared to Canada. You might pay less even with S&H included.
It's something to check out, if your not in a big hurry.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just talking to a guy at Frisco Auto Parts and he says try Hazet tools in TO. but didn't know where it was located....

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks all you guys for the response. I managed to borrow the tool. I anm going to tackle the job over the weekend.

·
Registered
1 Posts
If anyone else in the GTA is looking, I have the tools for ALH and BEW timing belt jobs, including the VAG-COM and a laptop. Actually doing our first BEW timing belt this weekend.

Note: I had thought my HEX-USB would work for a 2011 Golf, but it does not. I think the HEX-USB is only good for Mk.4 and older cars.

·
Premium Member
23,902 Posts
If anyone else in the GTA is looking, I have the tools for ALH and BEW timing belt jobs, including the VAG-COM and a laptop. Actually doing our first BEW timing belt this weekend.

Note: I had thought my HEX-USB would work for a 2011 Golf, but it does not. I think the HEX-USB is only good for Mk.4 and older cars.
The HEX-CAN USB cable should. Do you mean the KII USB cable?

·
Premium Member
16 Posts
tools

I bought a tool kit that supports VW, AUDI, SKODA through e-bay for $35.00 it has the crank tool cam tool t-belt tensioner tool and serpentine belt tool. it deos a great job.

it's koch tools and the kit part number is KT20337 this is a kit for the 2,0L PD tdi models

1 - 11 of 11 Posts