VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

Very informative website. I am going to attempt my timing belt replacement on 2006 jetta tdi. Where can i buy locally, i live in terra cotta ontario the crankshaft lock. Thanks!

Also got a right turn signal issue anyone have some schematics so i can chase wire issue. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
23,902 Posts
I am not aware of any Canada specific sources for the tools. I rent them upon request but I'm in the US I don't know how duty will be, send me a PM if interested.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I just finished my BRM 06 Jetta TB change this afternoon and used the Metalnerd tools. (It took me a long time because I was taking pictures, cleaning parts; plus I could only spend a few hours a day on it.

It doesn't matter which crank shaft you have anymore because the new Metalnerd (sold by Dieselgeek) tool is universal. It comes with a write up and easy to use. Basically it has a hole that lines up with the bump on the sprocket and it fits into the screw holes where the serpentine belt pulley attaches to the crank (2 screws). And a little slider pin hits the alignment hole. No need to worry about which tool you need anymore! I took TONS of pics and designed a wooden engine support which I'll share.

Its really tedious getting the Tension, Cam, small hole in the toothed window, and the crank to align but keep at it. I even 'gouged' my belt on the water-pump sprocket but the damage was very minimal on closer inspection. Just a tiny bit. It should be ok.

The Diesel Geek TB kit is very very high quality and everything fits like a glove. Order 2 bottles of the Pentosin antifreeze while you are there.

If you follow chitty's instructions to the T you should be fine. I'll post some of my pics soon on the new tool and high quality closeups of the.

Also don't forget the16mm long socket, and some medium blue threadlocker.:thumbsup

Feel free to pm me if you have any questions

1 - 4 of 4 Posts