VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all im new to this so i hope you all are patiant and understanding. i have a 2003 vw jetta tdi 1.9 desial that threw a timming belt what i need to know is how to put every thing in time and is there always damage done to the vavles or lifters. i have done many other type timming belts on chevys,fords,dodges,hondas,toyota.never done a vw so any info would be great. thankyou very much in advance for all info.

hi i have a 2003 vw jetta tdi 1.9 that threw timming belt what i need is how to get every thing back in time ive done other timing belt on other cars but not on a vw any info would be of great help. thank you all for help in advance

·
Super Moderator
2,243 Posts
What do you mean by "threw timming belt" ???

Did the belt break or slip/lose a few teeth??? If so, then in all probability you had valve-piston contact, and the cylinder head needs to be removed and overhauled, rebuilt, or replaced. Then you'll need a new head gasket, head bolts, and a complete timing belt kit (belt(s), tensioner, 3 idlers, water pump, and at least 5 so-called "stretch" bolts)... The procedure for replacing the timing belt system is here in the 1000q section...

There's a fellow in Lockwood, MO - Frank Irving - who's becoming almost a legend for his abilities to recondition cylinder heads, and folks from all over North America ship their damaged heads for him to work his magic on them... If you need contact info, just ask...

Good luck,

Yuri

1 - 6 of 6 Posts