VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2005 Passat TDI 126,000 miles the timing belt needs to be changed. I have looked at several sites for different kits and want some input on companies.
I was thinking about using Bora Parts Inc and wanted to see if anyone had used this company and get any feedback. I was going to get kit number 03G198295Q-D it is 1498.88 it includes everything to do timing belt and upgrade the balance shaft module. If you have any suggestions please let me know. I need to do this ASAP so we can drive the car.

·
Premium Member
23,902 Posts
I bought some parts from Bora parts, he is good at communication. FYI, I rent the tools upon request but I think I already said that. Honestly, they all sell the same OEM parts. You won't find this module as a cheap knock off part anywhere as far as I know.

·
Premium Member
10 Posts
Hi. I've used purchased parts there also and looking to purchase more for upcoming repairs. His kits were the most complete for all the things I wanted to do.

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
I just installed a Deluxe kit from Bora for this job. It is very complete and includes every filter, even the cabin air filter. Everything is top quality. Aaron is fast, friendly and gets it done. he is a preferred vendor for me at my shop.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I did my BSM upgrade,outer CV boots,timing belt kit.Car runs great,253 miles PO741 code, turned code off 33 miles later PO741. So i started pulling transmission to put a new VW TC.If its not one thing its two!!!LOL

·
Premium Member
150 Posts
Just a little note if your like me having to heat the new gear in the oven then having to take it out run down stairs into the basement then into the garage and try putting it on real fast. It only go on about 1/2 to 3/4 the way before stoping.
I did this about 5 time and increaseing the temp up to 455 degrees.
I finally put some aluminume foil over the gear and it finally worked. *cough* i used my bare hands don't faze a real man.....

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
When i did my gear i did have trouble getting it over 405 I was shooting it with my heat gun-laser it took for ever to get it their .My wife said i was opening the oven to much.LOL i was getting nerves with it taking so long.If i would NOT have done so much reading i would have did it the old way torch very hot put it on.LOL Car runs great but now TC and little coolent leak on right rear and a little oil leak on the right. headed home to get under it hope to find something simple.....?????Thanks

1 - 8 of 8 Posts