VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
it was a VW Jetta 2009 TDI,We changed the belts, water pump, pulleys and bolts. Checked to make sure the timing was right three times . primed the pump two different times (3 times for 60 seconds) and also the aux pump 3 times for 60 seconds. We have fuel up to the rail but no fuel to the injectors . Is there something that tripped and is not letting the fuel go in the rail? Does anybody know? Help

·
Registered
306 Posts
Have you checked the injector wires incase the wires have lost connection,
You checked fuses?

You could also check the continuity on each injector plug.

·
Registered
306 Posts
It's a common rail design so you could also check the injectors by removing one and placing it in a clear bottle to see if they spray.
The fuel pump on these only have to be a nats ass out and the timing is out on the fuel.

Have you plugged it into a vcds to see timing etc etc??

I hope this helps

·
Registered
1 Posts
What is the timing belt change interval for the Cruze TDI?
100,000 miles. You will get a notification on the message center in your car the second you hit 100K miles. In addition to replacing the timing belt, it is recommended to replace the idler pulley, tensioner pulley, the water pump, serpentine belt. Even though my water pump was fine and my car had no overheating issues, the timing belt drives the water pump, therefore it's best to replace anything and everything the timing belt touches because it is such a pain to access it. Since I had the water pump replaced, I had the entire cooling system flushed, replaced all of the cooling/heater hoses and the thermostat. Do it once and be done! I purchased AC Delco pulleys and used Gates for all of the rubber components... belts, hoses, etc. I used Valvoline ZEREX 50/50 Coolant.

How about maintenance intervals for auto transmission?
I am not sure about the transmission service. I would check with your local dealership. I had it done on my care at 67K miles, which is when I purchased the car. WARNING, the transmission fluid is hella expensive at almost $40.00 per quart. I lucked out because the service advisor only charged me a transmission service for a gasoline power Cruze not realizing the cost of the fluid. So, the dealership ate $100.00 or so for the misquote.

Fuel filter change interval?
I am not sure of the mileage, but you will be notified through the message center as well when your fuel filter needs to be replaced. You can surf through your menu on the car to look up remaining oil life and fuel filter life.. it's done in a percentage.. The filter is located on the passenger side of the car just in front of the right rear wheel. You will need to remove the skid plate, which is simple. The fuel filter is in a housing that screws on and off. The top of the housing is hex-head so you can use a either a 22 or 24 mm socket to remove. It is one of the EASIER things to replace on the car.

Any other facts that make it more user friendly than VW TDIs?
I know nothing of the VW TDIs. I did learn the range on the Cruze TD is higher than the GOLF TD. The Cruze is also faster. The Cruze engine is made be Duramax, same as the trucks.

Videos I found helpful:

Timing Belt:

Cruze TD vs Golf TDI (Fuel Range)

Which is faster? VW Chevy

NOTE: The author in the video did not replace the pulleys as he says his were in good shape. I did replace the pulleys on my car, which I recommend, because one of my pulleys was dry rotting and cracking so it was just a matter of time before it would fail.

Fuel Filter:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts