VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any ideas for tie down for the hatch. There are strong hooks in the cargo area of my 2011 Golf to attach bungie or rope, but I cannot locate anything on the hatch itself to attach the other end. I would like to be able to occasionally transport things that require hatch to remain open, but would prefer that it not be all the way up in the air. Example, the other day I purchased a couple of 8' 2x4's and had them extending out the back of the car. I realize that this would be dangerous for anything but very short trips as the noxious fumes would be entering the car. Home Depot is just a 1.5 miles from my home and I keep all windows down. Thanks for any suggestions you have. John

·
Registered
53 Posts
Does anyone have any ideas for tie down for the hatch. There are strong hooks in the cargo area of my 2011 Golf to attach bungie or rope, but I cannot locate anything on the hatch itself to attach the other end. I would like to be able to occasionally transport things that require hatch to remain open, but would prefer that it not be all the way up in the air. Example, the other day I purchased a couple of 8' 2x4's and had them extending out the back of the car. I realize that this would be dangerous for anything but very short trips as the noxious fumes would be entering the car. Home Depot is just a 1.5 miles from my home and I keep all windows down. Thanks for any suggestions you have. John
If you're worried about the fumes :confused: why not just tie to the roof rack?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply. This is a four dour hatchback, not sport wagon so no roof racks. Thanks, John.

·
Registered
3 Posts
A ring or chain connector from the hardware, pushed into the latch will close it securely on the ring. Attach cargo strap or bungee, and you are good to go.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts