VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm hearing a ticking sound that ticks about as fast as the "60 Minutes" stopwatch, just behind my left ear(left hand drive). So about x2 per second. I'm concerned an airbag or seatbelt tensioner is about to fire and make my day A LOT more exciting.

Any thoughts?

·
Premium Member
258 Posts
Not judging but is there a bunch of stuff there? Pick up anything that isn't factory installed. Include the door bin and sunglass holder. Are you actually wearing the seatbelt? Is the airbag light illuminated all the time or just at startup? Does the door lock and window work as intended? If you have access to vcds or similar scan tool. SRS and CCM. If you can't bend forward fast enough go to parking lot and do a panick stop to see if the tensioner engages.

·
Premium Member
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for responding. There's definitely NOT stuff laying around. I'm not worried about the seatbelt locking. Many modern cars have an explosive charge that fires when the airbags are set off. This charge pulls the seatbelt tight and back in the seat so he's in the proper position for airbag. Sorry if you know all this.

I've got vcds, no codes. Did I mention I hit a dear going about 45mph. Right corner of bumper took the deer's legs out and knocked it off the road.

So I'm worried about the explosive seat belt tensioner, if this car has one, suddenly pulling me back in my seat. Like what if the conditions occurred to deploy airbags and tensioner and it didn't happen due to mechanical deficiency. And now the whole thing is armed waiting for a ground to make good contact or such.

My only damage was the plastic bumper flexed enough to crack the paint and pop it loose.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts