VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone done this yet?

I have been looking at the Tunit people in England http://www.tunit.com.

They state an increase from 140 bhp to 165 bhp and 236 lbs/ft to 266 lbs/ft which seems relatively healthy but for a cost of +/- $700 for my '10 A3 TDI.

I like the idea of plug and play without messing with the ECU.

Any thoughts?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Thanks but no. I put 1100 miles on my JSW in the past four days, a good bit of which was in southwestern VA, West Virginia and southwestern PA...lots of mountain climbing. Lots. I never found the car wanting for power or torque...so I see no point in chipping and possibly voiding the warranty, overloading the transmission and Lord knows what all. YMMV of course, but it's not for me :)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am not complaining about the power or fuel economy of the TDI, but based on the Tunit results, it would appear that their 'black box' improves the driveability. I have 'tuned' a diesel Ford Excursion before and used a tuning box that enabled the 'tune' to be installed and de-installed before and after service. I also had a Gear Vendors overdrive fitted - this was all well within the factory warranty period.The service department had no idea the truck was 'chipped' and it is frequently stated on many boards that unless the tuning can be attributed to the 'problem', the Magnuson-Moss Act protects our rights. I preferred, however, to not let them be aware that I had a little extra magic under the hood. The overdrive unit was obvious. In fact, I had a tranny problem with a 1000 miles to go on the factory warranty and Ford fitted a new unit. No hassles whatsoever in a replacement.

What intrigues me is that the Tunit tuning takes the US TDI unit to the same level as the factory European spec.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Check out spider tuning------

check out SPIDER tuning whick is also located in the UK. I just orderd my box, 2006 TDI have not received yet but will let you know. They have promotion on right now. paid $402.00 cdn. which included shipping.:+1

1 - 6 of 6 Posts