VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello! I believe either my thermostat or the gauge on my dash is messing up. The gauge does work sometimes. On start up sometimes the gauge wont do anything at all after an hour of warming up. Sometimes it dies and when it does work it heats up to 90 celsius and stays there. It has never gone beyond 90. Last night it was heating up til it was 90 and then when i started driving past 20 km/hr it went all the way down again. Not sure if its a loose wire or bad sensor or the actual thermostat is going wacky

·
Premium Member
13 Posts
I had a funky gauge problem that I kept chasing and testing different possibilities trying to avoid buying parts to throw at it. Similar issues as you are stating so I’m pretty sure it’s the same problem (not sure on Celsius temps off had, US model). I finally broke down and put a temp sensor in it which took all of 15mins to change and now have now issues at all.

I really didn’t think it would be that simple but that’s all it was on mine. So I would recommend throwing a new temp sensor on it and keep on rolling.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
13 Posts
It looks like a pain to change but is actually very easy. A 90 degree pick was. All I needed. Make sure the print off the old one comes out with the sensor (mine did not) or you will not get the new one to seat and lock.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 13 of 13 Posts