VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,
Just a hello, new to this place and seems to have a ton of good info. A little on me. I am a 15 year experanced tech that manages and runs a euro repair shop. I loved the tdi's because I have a few customers with over 300k and the car holds up as well as the engine. Yes its the little things that kill ya but I can deal with that. I was so impressed with the cars over time we got a 2000 jetta tdi for my wife. On average she does about 80-100 miles a day and its much more cost effective then her old car that got only 27 mpg (she holds a average of 47 mpg now in a lot of traffic with a lead foot!)

We have replaced the t belt some front end work and brakes all around. Have a driver door latch to be installed when I have the time but all common stuff in my world. Rocking 164K right now that's about 42k in the last year and a half!

I have a 91 gmc 2500 p/u with a 6.2 diesel. Its NA but hope to get a banks turbo kit for soon. Just a baby with 84K miles to date.

I am going to buy a mk4 golf tdi in the near fuiture to drive as a day to day car. The truck gets good mileage for a truck but its still a truck.

Only real prob with the jetta right now is the immo. Very random get a code 1176 (off hand I think its that ). I do my reading and searching and be posting my findings later on.

So for now a HELLO! and see ya soon.

Bill

Ps the jetta isn't stock. Well mostly but here it is
Egr disabled
Cleaned intake
Borla head lights
Upgraded clutch
No cat
Tweek pump timing
Fresh black paint job
20 precent tint all around

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.