Premium Member
223 Posts
can't have cars without the girls!
:thumbsup

·
Registered
1 Posts
OEM hood stand stick...

Hi, I am the owner of the GT-R. I had NO idea this happened, someone just sent me the pic. I have pneumatic hood struts put on and I don't use that (weak) OEM hood stand stick. But I just went down to my car and looked at the hood latches. I discovered that the OEM hood stand stick almost covers the left side openings for the left latch. It must have not latched, when I had the hood open letting the car cool down in line. I took it out, so there is no interference anymore. My speeds were 170.1 (with the A/C and Stereo on, LoL), 172.7mph and 173.5mph. The conditions were pretty bad for a twin turbo car.

Thank you for posting this, and making me aware of this,

Ted.

Attachments

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hi, I am the owner of the GT-R. I had NO idea this happened, someone just sent me the pic. I have pneumatic hood struts put on and I don't use that (weak) OEM hood stand stick. But I just went down to my car and looked at the hood latches. I discovered that the OEM hood stand stick almost covers the left side openings for the left latch. It must have not latched, when I had the hood open letting the car cool down in line. I took it out, so there is no interference anymore. My speeds were 170.1 (with the A/C and Stereo on, LoL), 172.7mph and 173.5mph. The conditions were pretty bad for a twin turbo car.

Thank you for posting this, and making me aware of this,

Ted.
That must have been exciting :nana2: when you're doing 170 you have better things to do than look at the hood...until it flips off and takes a trip!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts