VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
have reason to suspect my fuel temp sensor is faulty and not showing on vagcom as faulty.
shows as fault if i unplug it.

anyone here ever changed one and what was the reason for changing, also is there a section on vagcom to test the sensor and what readings should i be getting, its the sensor in the fuel line and not the pump.

its on a 1.9tdi auy engine

·
Premium Member
5,942 Posts
If you have the big injection pump on the front then you have the same one, I did mine recently but it made no odds, I think I have a wiring fault or it's the ecu, mine comes up short to ground or something, why do you suspect yours?:)

·
Super Moderator
9,565 Posts
You can do a manual check on the Fuel temperature sensor if you want to? Remove it from the engine and you will need a sause pan of water, a thermometer and an ohmeter. Suspend the sensor in the water and slowly heat the water up and note the resistance readings at different temperatures.

Seat Alhambra (00-10) 1,9D TDI PD 2000-10 Engine code: AUY

Its the same values on the Golf.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
9,565 Posts
It should unscrew out for testing or replacement?

·
Registered
4 Posts
somme just took out the connector and put a 10 watt resistor like 150-170 ohm (for pd engine) to boost somme more power, based on the fact that when the disel is hot will expand soo (fooling the ecu) it injects more, at this type you can try it... somme have donne 200 000 km with no problem on the engine, the only problem is when you abuse pushing the pedal... and the ecu will not let you go under a certain value it goes in protection mode and load a preset value so you cannot ho anny harm to you're engine... in you're case you can put a resitor with a value from 1000ohm to 3000 just to see how the engine go... and don't worry if the engine error light on thedashboard lights on it will come off after a few restarts or clear with vagcom...
For the rotary pump engine like the one on the site somme people put a 1000ohm resistor in paralel (pin 2 and 3) of the pump connector... (like i did,with a relay and a swithc on the dash so whenyou looking for a litle boost you push it... if not the engine is how vw made it)

M

·
0 Posts
What are the symptoms of a bad fuel temp sensors? I am experiencing sudden loss of fuel during acceleration what does it do when ecu goes to safe mode

·
Registered
1 Posts
What are the symptoms of a bad fuel temp sensors? I am experiencing sudden loss of fuel during acceleration what does it do when ecu goes to safe mode
VW MK5 1.9DI 2004 1K1 77KW end code BKC.
I had an Emissions Workshop message and Engine check icon on all the time on my display.
On DIAg tool I found code P0183 Fuel Temp Sensor A Circuit High.
I discovered broken wire at the sensor connector. It was easy to see, I used a magnifying glass to confirm.
I disconnected battery. Removed Temp sensor. Simple by removing its retaining clip, then pull sensor out, tiny amount of diesel drip which stops after sensor removal, just put rag under while you work on it. I repaired by soldering in a piece of longer wire, actually 2 wires ie Hi and Lo voltage ones. Bit fiddly to solder to existing harness wires but eventually worked ok, then heatshrink.
IMO , existing cable harness design could be better as its a bit short and eventually in older vehicles might break as happened in my case. Cheap , easy , self fix.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts