VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which of the 3 cars will have more guts 0 to 60, of course a TDI fully modded, VNT17, PP764, 2.5 straight pipes,,vs, stock 1.8T, vs. stock VR6?

J

·
0 Posts
0 to 60 liters of fuel consumed? The vr6:p

10-60 mph on a roll, the TDI will have a better chance if guts is defined as "time to". If guts is defined as "torque", then the TDI over all of those.

At a similar level of modification, the other cars for sure.

·
Premium Member
220 Posts
gearing makes a diff too...auto vs. manual, 5 speed will spin the tires more

but I would say that the 1.8T and the vr6 have the edge. the tdi feels faster than they are because of the power curve

·
Super Moderator
23,902 Posts
Yeah, okay, I am changing my opinion. Until you go to a drag strip you will not know for sure, but it sounds like maybe the vr6 or 1.8T will be slightly faster.

·
Premium Member
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What kind of mods do you have in your TDI chittybangbang? i went neck to neck 0 to 60Mph with my friend, he has a 1.8T-stock, i have pp520 and rc3, vnt 15 and stock straight pipes, I believe that I am able to go with a VNT17 and 2.5 DP I could probably beat him easy, both cars are stick.

·
Super Moderator
23,902 Posts
power: stock w/chip

exhaust is stock

wheels are 15x6.5 w/195/50/15 - a bit undersized but they were the tires that came with the wheels. I plan on getting 195/55/15 when they are used up.

bilstein shocks w/old OEM springs

Honestly, it comes down to the driver/traction but I think he will have the edge in your current configurations. A dp and vnt 17 will make a big difference but an intercooler would also help at this point.

·
Premium Member
298 Posts
The vr6 should win. Good tires will help a lot and lowering the psi in the front to about 20 for the launch only will help with traction.

I am all stock. It seems like the regular posters on tdiclub are mostly modified and it creates the illusion of everyone being modified. Noone fills out their profile here but the few diesels I do see are mostly stock. I think people who visit internet forums are more into modifying their cars anyways.

·
Premium Member
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It is fun to discover the missing link in HP on these TDI cars by modding them, and getting so much torque out of them, by simply doing the chip tuning and nozzles,, which is not cheap by the way,then you would see a completly different TDI beast,, you must remember that there are a lot of people out there with a gasser mentalaty, they still think that all Diesel cars overall are clumsy and noisy.

I have always liked diesel cars. Back in the days when I use to own a 1.6 vw diesel Rabbit I was happy as hell with the car but there was missing link on this car which was ,there was no quick roll,,, but now that I drive my Jetta and Golf TDI, both with chip and nozzles I always have a grim in my face when I drive them, they are fast and reliable, so I beleive until you get into one of the TDI that is modded and drive you will find out how much fun there is to drive one, and you will be able to get better MPG too.

So the conversation about modding a TDI here on the forum, should be a good topic, on top of other topics for fixing our TDI'S as well.

·
Super Moderator
23,902 Posts
Oh, yeah, I totally agree. People are free to talk about whatever they want, as long as they try to post it in the right forum and keep work safe content. There's even an off topic forum if people feel like posting funny news articles or viral videos. This is still a small forum but I feel that it is organized and easy to use and will stay that way. There aren't a million subforums where you have to click through each of them to see useful posts. I plan on keeping only a small number of subforums so you can just visually skip over the ones you don't want to read. It minimizes the number of clicks.

The FAQ table of contents is also divided into subject area, model area. Every how to or info article can be reached within 3-4 clicks. For any readers, this is 1000 answered questions (1000q)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts