VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

81 - 91 of 91 Posts

·
Super Moderator
9,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #81
Thanks Gerry so it still downloaded ok and ran ok?

Oh you could add the year of your Golf as the mk5 covers many years?

·
Premium Member
51 Posts
I downloaded yesterday BUT not from any like in the OP because I don't see one. I looked on computer and phone (in Tapatalk) and can't seem to figure out what link you are referring to. I used the link found in the txt file attached in the OP.

I had issues (as was stated earlier) using Chrome to dl but used I and got it with no issues. Program ran fine, got the info for my 09 Jetta TDI CR and info is great. I did accidentally print it twice though. Not sure if it was the program or my printer utility but I never got a "Being printed" message and wasn't near the printer so I did it twice to make sure. Lol

Thank you for the resource, lots and lots of work and info contained here.

Oh, I forgot, the link, when clicking on your image in the OP actually looks like it should take you to your obd codes thread or something but leads to a short thread about some business I wouldn't want to deal with based in Chitty's experience. Some place called Rothenberg I think.

·
Super Moderator
9,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #83
Thanks for your comments.

It should only print once after you have decided which default printer you want to use from Control Panel. That just saves me added another Common Dialog control, COMDLG32.OCX.

All 3 links of apps I've uploaded in the first line of post #1 work I don't know why is sends you somewhere else. I've just tried them again and it sends me to Free EOBD II Fault Codes Software.

You can click the Like button if you think its useful?

·
Premium Member
51 Posts
Thanks for your comments.

It should only print once after you have decided which default printer you want to use from Control Panel. That just saves me added another Common Dialog control, COMDLG32.OCX.

All 3 links of apps I've uploaded in the first line of post #1 work I don't know why is sends you somewhere else. I've just tried them again and it sends me to Free EOBD II Fault Codes Software.

You can click the Like button if you think its useful?
Yeah, maybe add a little line of text to the explanation of only having to select the printer 1 time, saying that the docs will print without confirm. The app did what it was supposed to do, I just didn't realize it had done it. #blameremoteprinting

Not sure what is up with the links when clicking in Tapatalk but I will try from computer and update this post.

I am assuming the link tied to the TB app on the OP is supposed to actually take us to the TB app download? Or did you intentionally embed the link only in the txt doc on purpose?

*Is the line in your post about hitting the Like button a signature? I did hit the Like button on your OP as I really do like the app but not sure what/where else is should do so. :)

·
Super Moderator
9,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #85
That's ok it only shows a few like you have to click on the other 7 link to read them, a lot of forums I use all the likes are shown.

·
Premium Member
2 Posts
Just checking in to say thanks for the astounding contribution to the TDI community. While the app's home screen is a bit rough on the eyes (prob could be improved by just fading the background image), the app is functional and the content is accessible -- in my case, for the 1.9L ALH engine.

·
Super Moderator
9,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #87
Just checking in to say thanks for the astounding contribution to the TDI community. While the app's home screen is a bit rough on the eyes (prob could be improved by just fading the background image), the app is functional and the content is accessible -- in my case, for the 1.9L ALH engine
This is a new forum layout with loads of bugs which have been reported in the new thread. There is no TDI Wiki at the moment or original similes. It doesn't show the car spec/location or signature properly either

We Are Live - Community Feedback

This has been talked about many times.

I've made a pole which no one has posted in, there are a few votes and comments.

Do you like the new forum features?

Wiki pages have been restored as of 7th December, I asked where is the link it should be on top of the main forum.

What ALH as there are 15 ALH VAG models?

There is nothing wrong with my TDI Timing Belts app. It took along time to make that app.

Every picture shows clearly and they don't fade.

·
Premium Member
2 Posts
What ALH as there are 15 ALH VAG models?

There is nothing wrong with my TDI Timing Belts app. It took along time to make that app.

Every picture shows clearly and they don't fade.
Hi Keith -

Wow, my apologies if my comments offended you at all. I was merely trying to show (constructive) appreciation for all of your hard work.

As a clarification, I wasn't referring to any of the content being displayed incorrectly/faded. Below is a screenshot of what I first see when I run TDI Timing Belts.exe on my laptop (Acer Aspire EF-576G running Windows 10 Home):

Perhaps there's something that is displaying incorrectly on my end? To my eyes, that screen is graphically dense -- headers / selection options ('Select a Made and Model', 'Model:', etc) are displayed directly over the background image or its labels ('small roller', 'camshaft sprocket', etc), making it unnecessarily difficult to read.

If that's an intentional design decision on your part -- about which receiving constructive feedback makes you respond defensively -- I hope you'll forgive me having ever said anything other than thanks.

-Rob

PS: Not that it pertains to any of what I was trying to communicate, but my Make/Model/Engine Code: Volkswagen - Bora (Jetta)/Golf 1,9D TDI 1997-05 - ALH. Again, content displays fine and seems accurate. Again, thanks.

·
Super Moderator
9,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #89
Wow, my apologies if my comments offended you at all. I was merely trying to show (constructive) appreciation for all of your hard work.

As a clarification, I wasn't referring to any of the content being displayed incorrectly/faded. Below is a screenshot of what I first see when I run TDI Timing Belts.exe on my laptop (Acer Aspire EF-576G running Windows 10 Home):
I'm not offended any feedback its appreciated. I was asking about the faded pictures. The main picture when it starts is taken from TDI Wiki. I asked Chitty if I could use it or is there copyright, he said its ok use it.

·
Super Moderator
9,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #90 (Edited)
I downloaded yesterday BUT not from any like in the OP because I don't see one. I looked on computer and phone (in Tapatalk) and can't seem to figure out what link you are referring to. I used the link found in the txt file attached in the OP.

I had issues (as was stated earlier) using Chrome to dl but used I and got it with no issues. Program ran fine, got the info for my 09 Jetta TDI CR and info is great. I did accidentally print it twice though. Not sure if it was the program or my printer utility but I never got a "Being printed" message and wasn't near the printer so I did it twice to make sure. Lol

Thank you for the resource, lots and lots of work and info contained here.

Oh, I forgot, the link, when clicking on your image in the OP actually looks like it should take you to your obd codes thread or something but leads to a short thread about some business I wouldn't want to deal with based in Chitty's experience. Some place called Rothenberg I think.
Anybody can download the text file in post #1 just read what if says. Copy and paste the link into your browser. I've never tried it on a phone I'm a computer guy.

A couple of months ago Mega is being a pain in the backside it now says I need to update my web browser. It shows the link to all browsers IE Google Chrome Firefox Safari, if I click IE it says update to IE 11 which I've always used. I have Firefox as a backup and it works on there no problem.

Before Christmas I tried it and the file saved.

The like button used to be on the old forum easy to click if you liked what was said, this new one has the stupid big pictures you click.

They have now added like and quote under each post.

I noticed yesterday if you highlight text in a post it shows the quote, which is better than the stupid big pictures.

I've made a comment about this in the admin/mod thread.

The old forum had 2 links on the top conversation and posts I had made in threads, that was very useful. That doesn't show anymore, you have to check your profile to look at conversations.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thanks for your hard work.
This app really helped me out. I'm about to tackle a camshaft replacement on a BLS engine

81 - 91 of 91 Posts