VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

61 - 80 of 98 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi Keith

I downloaded and ran your app on Win7Pro-64bit. It worked flawlessly and I appreciate your effort in putting it together!
One thing, though: I first tried the download from RapidShare using Google Chrome and it gave me a "potential malware" warning for the download - this might scare potentially interested downloaders from proceeding.

·
Super Moderator
9,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
Welcome to the forum Milan. welcometomyturbodies

I'm not aware of the "potential malware" with Google Chrome as I have to use FireFox to download from RapidShare as IE8 doesn't work anymore, IE10 downloads the file no problem.

I do have Google Chrome on my WinXP desktop machne and I've just tried to download the zip file and it does say potential malware but you just continue and ignore that. After you've downloaded the zip just do an anti-virus and malware scan and its clean thats just a stupid setting of Google Chrome.

I can asure you I don't post malware or viruses. Free EOBD II Error Codes software uses RapidShare and no one has commented on Google Chrome showing "potential malware".

·
Registered
7 Posts
Re: the malware warning: I agree that the warning is not caused by an actual "contamination" of your package and rather just a sign of overzealous Chrome. However, I download a lot of stuff and have never seen this before, that's why I thought I'd point it out. :)

·
Premium Member
5 Posts
Good stuff Keithuk :+1
If you would want to increase the transparency of the splash screen it would make the pull downs easier to read. Otherwise it was easy to find my timing belt '02 ALH. Thanks for your hard work!

·
Super Moderator
9,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #65
Good stuff Keithuk :+1
If you would want to increase the transparency of the splash screen it would make the pull downs easier to read.
I'm not with you on this increase transparency of the splash screen there is no splash screen or transparency only the main menu to choose the make and model then it shows.

Reactions: Graybo

·
Premium Member
5 Posts
.. the main menu to choose the make and model then it shows.
Yep, 'main menu' is what I meant. GUI lexicon fail on my part. Don't know if I have my screen setting to the wrong resolution but the pulls owns blend in with the image in the background.

Love how easy/straightforward the print function is!

Thanks again for the app!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Just downloaded on Windows 8.1 and works great! As mentioned above about Chrome warning about malware, Windows Smartscreen Filter warns that the file might "harm" the computer - fyi

·
Super Moderator
9,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #68
Yes that's the funny browsers. I've just downloaded price updates for ETKA and IE11 didn't like it and wanted to delete them.

You just use common sense with any download you don't know the source you always virus and malware scan it.

·
Super Moderator
9,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #69
Ok I've been checking a few things and I've notice a few pictures have white spaces at the bottom its strange I've never noticed these before which I corrected.

I've also corrected 4 engine code years and a few typo's/amendment's in data files.

Nothing serious.

So if you want the new download link its in post #1 which is now 0 after the previous 85 downloads.

Reactions: Graybo

·
Super Moderator
9,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #70
Ok guys as you may or may not know I make the older Windows *.hlp files which work great but there is a problem installing the Microsoft winhlp32.exe update on 64bit machines.

So I'm now using WinCHM Pro v4.41 to create the newer Windows *.chm help file which has some interesting reading. The main app is exactly the same as last months update.

I've also updated the help file on EOBD II Fault Codes but you will have to wait a bit for that new version with over 10,000 error codes now.

The new download link is in the txt file post #1.

Reactions: mrrogers1

·
Super Moderator
9,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #72
19 users have downloaded the file and no one has commented on file not found before.

Well its there for me Greg.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Thanks Keith, I tried again and was able to download it. FYI, I'm in the US and I'm still getting an error message when I try to download with Chrome or Mozilla, but I got it to work using IE.
Greg

·
Super Moderator
9,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #74
Well I use IE11 and FireFox and they both download it ok. I'm glad you got it sorted in the end.

If you think its useful please click the Like option in post #1?

·
Premium Member
11 Posts
I can't seem to get to the zip file either - I get error file not found on all browsers. Any hints to avoid the error? By the way, I am running Windows 7 Pro 64 bit
upload_2014-2-17_9-8-41.png

·
Super Moderator
9,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #76
Hi Bob.

Which browser are you using?

If just made a light update to the replacement interval on Polo 1.4 TDI so I've just updated a new file (link in post #1).

When I make a new update I always test that it downloads which it always does for me on IE11, Google Chrome and FireFox.

I've just tried this new update and it downloads. Try it again or change your browser, the last 19 users haven't had a problem with it.

·
Super Moderator
9,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #78
Well no one has downloaded the new download link in post #1 you won't download the old one as I've deleted it.

·
Premium Member
11 Posts
Thanks Keith, I must have still had the old one when I tried to link to it. I was able to download after going to the post# and starting fresh. I'll let you know how it works for me.

Cheers,
Bob

·
Premium Member
106 Posts
Thanks Keith,

my 07 1.9TDI Golf is due a timing belt on mileage (way past the 4 year recommendation) so I've been looking for info on my BXE engine

Lot of confusion on the net about which crank lock and whether the engine mounts need removing but your download resolved all of these, I just need a good day in a week or so when my 2 year long-life oil change is due

Downloaded with current version Firefox to a laptop running Windows & Windows 7

Great resource the diagrams and instructions look spot on

61 - 80 of 98 Posts