VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

This is my first post here, and it may not be in the right place, but I was wondering if anyone knows of a quality, reasonable tdi timing belt changer between Chattanooga and Knoxville. I have a friend who had his '06 Jetta tdi changed for $300 plus parts($350 from on online tuning website). The only drawback with his mechanic(whom he's very happy with) is he didn't adjust the injection pump timing with the software, that is if the '06 requires it, and I'm not sure if his mechanic owns the software. I'm somewhat mechanically inclined, but don't feel warm and fuzzy about a DIY on this one. Thanks for your help.

BTW, my baby is a 2001 Jetta tdi auto.

Wesley

·
Premium Member
23,902 Posts
That is pretty cheap for the timing belt change. The 06 does not have an injection pump timing adjustment but yours does.

Read the DIY on this until you think you understand the instructions. It's not that hard if you're somewhat mechanically inclined (be honest :D) as long as you know what to do. If you fumble around inside and don't want to follow the instructions, yes there is a possibility you can mess it up. There is one guy paramedick in Versailles, KY who is well known, I have PMed his email to you.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts