VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Super Moderator
23,902 Posts
Recode the instrument cluster for UK using a VCDS and then change celcius to Fahrenheit. It'll show imperial gallons/mile instead of US gallons/mile (while still showing mpg in the MFD) which will boost mpg by about 20% and nobody will be the wiser ;)

·
Registered
51 Posts
Recode the instrument cluster for UK using a VCDS and then change celcius to Fahrenheit. It'll show imperial gallons/mile instead of US gallons/mile (while still showing mpg in the MFD) which will boost mpg by about 20% and nobody will be the wiser ;)
LOL! Is that how they do it? Do they deflate the tires to 25 psi and only go downhill too!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Well, I'm playing fair. Moved up to 10th place this morning! :nana2:

Got and average of 56.6 mpg over my 30 mile commute to work from Philly to Wilmington, DE. Mostly highway driving with cruise control set at 55 mph.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What rpm typically nets the 56.6? Thats great mpg. My best ever is 48 with a 6 speed and 180hp. But mine is a mkiv.
Around 1500 rpms. I do drop into neutral and coast on and off of the highway ramps. Other than that I leave in in 6th with cruise control set at 55mph (which is the speed limit on the section of 95 that I travel). I do stay in the slow lane because everyone blows buy me. It's ok though I actually enjoy the little extra time it takes to get to the office now that I can listen to Stern on my new satellite radio :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts