VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.autobloggreen.com/2009/08/03/diesel-torque-continues-to-propel-vw-and-audi-sales/

TDI were 30% of VW's recent sales

Diesel-powered light duty vehicles remain in short supply in the United States and, until the VW Golf TDI arrives this fall, the Jetta remains the only relatively affordable example. The Jetta however, seems to powering Volkswagen sales in the U.S. right now and TDI versions of the Touareg and Audi's Q7 SUVs are also helping those models stay afloat. Just as in June, 81 percent of Jetta SportWagen sales last month were of the compression ignition variety. Although there were some sporadic reports of availability late in the month, most of the diesel wagons for the 2009 model year are sold out. Diesels also accounted for 40 percent of Jetta sedan sales and 30 percent of all Volkswagen's July sales.

Over on the Audi side of the house, the big Q7 TDI represented 28 percent of the sales of the SUV. That's an increase from the 25 percent share in June. Later this year, diesel versions of the new Golf and the A3 will both go on sale.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
A government stimulus handout?

TDIs would make too much sense, they don't understand this market, ref: Routan.

·
Registered
278 Posts
If anything then Audi will get with the program and offer more TDI options for the mainstream. They have an A3 and Q7, both of which aren't their best sellers. The A4 and A6 are what need the TDI engine. With quattro :)

·
Premium Member
23,902 Posts
The 3 wheel trike motorcycle/roadster was also confirmed.

I'll believe it when it's ready to be released, until then, any confirmation from VW is worthless.

·
Registered
5 Posts
None to see....

I went looking - the salesman/dealer in Annapolis MD basically blew me off.. "October - maybe.." No sedans either.

Jim

·
Registered
5 Posts
.... trying to work a deal with the CfC program. I've talked with a few dealers, but the program is so confusing ..and the gvmt. hasn't paid them for the deals they already wrote .. they are not really interested in working that hard to close another.

Jim

·
Premium Member
23,902 Posts
Part of the problem is that the CFC will probably end before the 2010 get here. You MUST have a VIN and price for the purchase of a car under CFC. The 2010 you buy hasn't been built yet and official pricing hasn't been released.

If they aren't interested then find another dealer. Buying a car is no different than buying bread off the supermarket shelf. The product you get is no different and the dealer doesn't care. It's obvious the employees don't care about you either but it's about money so just get the deal done, screw them if they don't want to work for you. A dealer is supposed to sell cars, not brush you off. And they'll get paid for the deals they've done under CFC, it's their problem they haven't gotten paid for them yet.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts