VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been busy lately. In the last few weeks I have done a mufflerectomy, converted the rear to a GTI-style exhaust, got new (more TDI-relevant) custom tags and lowered on VW Driver Gear (eibach linear) springs.
Stock exhaust and old tag:

New exhaust and tag:

Stock suspension:

Lowered:

·
Registered
43 Posts

Here are the new ride height measurements (sorry don't have stock ones), taken from ground to fender:
Left front: 25 1/8"
Left rear: 25 5/8"
Right front: 25 1/8"
Right rear: 25 7/8"
The springs definitely give the car a rake, which I love. It isn't slammed, it's a very mature lowered suspension. Retains stock-ish ride quality (seems a tad more bouncy, but not bad at all). I haven't had a chance to test if it actually handles better, given the weather and all-season tires, but I have my doubts as to whether or not there is a measurable difference. And sorry about the dirty car. It's winter.

EDIT: I have gotten many questions regarding my exhaust and picture requests. This is the best I can do without a lift.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Very nice exhaust mod! Is the silver section where the mufflers shoudl be? Sound clip? You can definitely see the difference in ride height.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Very nice exhaust mod! Is the silver section where the mufflers shoudl be? Sound clip? You can definitely see the difference in ride height.
Yep the silver piping replaced the muffler. Guys, if you want a sound clip go start up your car. It will sound just like that. Seriously.

~ Roman

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Keith these are actually gti tips. And they're stainless steel not chrome. I also don't see them getting black with as little as this car emits.

~ Roman

·
Premium Member
9,642 Posts
Yes sorry I just saw the first pic with the twin pipes.

Happy New Year. ;)

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Added new exhaust pics.

·
Premium Member
9,642 Posts
So the GTI rear box fits straight off with the GTI rear lower guard then? ;)

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
So the GTI rear box fits straight off with the GTI rear lower guard then? ;)
Yup.

~ Roman

1 - 12 of 12 Posts